This exercise is for the Daily Prompt Writing Challenge Map it Out. Yeah yeah, I am a day late. Story of my life!
10 REASONS I SHOULD BE CHOSEN AS THE COMMENCEMENT SPEAKER FOR HARVARD CLASS OF SPRING 2013
1. I have never been to Boston. How about a free flight and hotel for me to see your historic city!
2. I hate the NE Patriots. But a high school friend of mine Orlando business sold the Patriots a jib, whatever the heck that is! SEE PICTURE Also, since I mentioned the Patriots, I once owned a Remington electric razor!
3. I am just like the friend in Goodwill Hunting. Not the smart kid or the ones whose last name is Affleck. The other one. You remember him right? Except I don’t smoke.
4. I Love Conan O’Brien! And I have seen many Matt Damon movies. See above example of one. And I like 70s Aerosmith, when there were doing heavy drugs. Not that crap they play now.
5. If you take my ACT score and multiple it by 2, I meet your minimum requirements!
6. I once owned a pair of red sox.
7. The Celtics color is green. What a coincidence, it’s my favorite color of all time! Well, 2nd favorite color actually. Ok, I lied. I hate that shade of green!
8. I wasn’t at the Boston Tea Party, put while I was in college boy did I PARTY!
9. I have been a life long member of facebook! Hmmm…how long has it been around?
10. Why in the #*%@ not chose me, I’m Cajun!
This came to mind after watching Conan O’Brien’s commencent speech to Darmouth in 2011. Found on You Tube HERE. Extremely funny and well written, with a wonderful lesson thrown in there as well.
Till we meet again. Good Day
Mind of Shoo