This post is written for Mama Kat’s promt:
1.) Have you made a visit to the North Pole yet? Share your Santa pictures!
2.) Share a favorite Christmas memory.
3.) What cookies are you leaving for the big guy?
4.) Put together and share a fun holiday outfit you’d like to wear if you had somewhere to wear it.
5.) List the top 9 things that bring you joy.
Top 9 Things that bring you joy
1. Watching Movies: I love movies and there are certain ones that I will watch when a certain mood strikes. If I am down in the dumps, I throw in Shawshank Redemption. Nothing like a movie about friendship to make me smile. If I am in a happy mood than Juno is a must! Very witty, comical and the dialog is so well written. If I am sad, Schlinder’s List. Need I say more. If I am nostalgic then Saturday Night Fever. How about remembering how stupid you looked dancing under that disco ball!
2. Listen to birds singing. This is particularly beautiful when there is no other sound but theirs.
3. Watching a lightning storm in the evening out of a window. Being originally from Louisiana I unfortunately never viewed a lightning storm as anything joyous to me. But move away to the desert southwest and you’ll understand what beauty lies watching the sky light up with a storm. Try it!
4. Being alone. With my thoughts whether good or bad. Throw in some mountains or a river and I am in heaven.
5. Listening to music. I love listening to songs and thinking how did the artists come up with that song. Knowing that song once was just words on a paper (yes I love this phrase). Written from some meaningful experience. Some lyrics just amaze me. How could they write something so beautiful at its core. Add some nice music to it and I am mesmerized! In the Living Years….so well written. Listen to the words.
6. Reading and understanding US History. There are so many events and people responsible for our country being where it is presently. It’s great to understand our history and how things came to be.
7. Being moved to tears by stories of hope, heartache or giving. The list here is endless whether is JJ Watt visiting 3 kids who lost their parents in a car accident or learning of a teacher who died protecting her kids. Or a scene in a movie like this one in City Slickers. Listen to Bruno Kirby’s story. When Gene Hackman talks about his father leaving them on Inside the Actors studio. So touching.
8. Hiking, running or biking. Anything to make me sweat and make my body ache. I don’t do this nearly enough but I love feeling my body ache as sweat drips from my forehead onto the ground below. Accomplishment!
9. My kids.
Till we meet again. Good Day.
Mind of Shoo.